Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Coffee Bar Update!

You can see my original coffee bar post HEREI haven't fixed my menu board yet after discovering the Oops!

However, One day I was looking around pinterest and such for inspiration for mug and supply storage. I knew I loved this idea...


It didn't lead me to the original poster so If you know who this is let me know!

I LOVE the 3 teared look for supplies! I even have a few little bowls just like that so I was excited. I decided I would look around local thrifty antique type shops for something with a bit of character. I hadn't stumbled upon the perfect piece though and I was growing impatient. Okay really, I had hardly looked. But I wanted something NOW! Ha, just so typical me. So I began pondering ways I could make the look myself! Hey, if I can make it myself for free... WHY NOT?!

I then saw this idea... 

Image from somewhere on This Site

I love the cups on the platter! Actually I love the everything in the picture. I knew I had a platter I hardly used too! So my wheels got spinning... 

I had also seen people make layered trays and cake stands by gluing inexpensive pieces together. So I thought maybe I could find something cheap in a store and make it.. 

I decided for now I'd grab my platter and then keep looking. So off to my kitchen I went to grab that bugger. I opened my cupboard to see my cake stand sitting on top of my platter. 
DUH!!!
Seriously, I should have thought of that. I took the two pieces but did NOT glue them together. My cake stand sat firmly on top and since it is the only platter and only cake stand I own I wanted to be able to use them when needed. 

The results..




Now, I will keep my eyes out for the the perfect piece so these pieces can easily be used for entertaining or Birthday cakes. This cake stand is special to me and I would hate for it to take a beating. However, for now this works great! I'm sure when we move (hopefully in the next few months..) The whole space will be entirely different anyway! 

Seriously, look around before you spend any money. You might just score some great storage. :) 

Love!
Annie
A Creative Wife


No comments:

Post a Comment